Monday, June 22, 2009

Road Trip Postponed

Due to a series of unfortunate events, our road trip to California is being postponed a week. Instead of leaving this coming weekend, we will be leaving the first weekend of July.

Three friends and I were driving down to a house in Brooklyn when I noticed my [automatic] car beginning to feel like a stick shift with a bad driver. As we pulled off the highway, the car accelerated extremely slowly, and had a clear problem changing gears... Right as we were turning onto our street, the car failed to accelerate at all, so we jumped out and pushed it out of the intersection into a parking spot!

Today I found out the transmission blew... which will cost $2700 to repair!! And I won't get it back until next weekend... At least it didn't happen out west on our trip I suppose.

We also have an updated trip schedule... Turns out we won't be meeting up with Katie, so Texas is out. We also knocked out San Diego and Los Angeles (basically the places that require money). We added in a few other national parks such as Bryce National Park in Utah. Everything is still changing by the day though, depending on when we leave and what reservations I successfully make...

Below is the updated road trip map plan... If anyone lives near anywhere we are going let me know maybe we can stop by!




View Summer '09 Road Trip in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment